Animal Processing Deep Dive Workshop
Are you looking for a powerful right of passage experience?
Do you want to learn where your food really comes from?
Do you want to feel the gratitude, awe and security that comes from learning to process your own meat?
Join us for the Animal Processing Hands On Workshop!
Skills You Will Learn:
In one day you'll take part in every step of the process necessary to produce the life giving fuel that most of us take for granted.
- How to prepare for the slaughter with gratitude and reverence
- Ways to quickly and ethically make the kill
- How to field dress an animal in the wild
- All aspects of quartering, butchering and processing
- Best practices for preserving and storing meat
- The nuances of grinding meat for sausage and burger
- Recipes to cook fresh, delicious wild game
- The spiritual side of hunting, taking a life and connecting with the land
- What gear you will need
What You Will Do:
- Process An Entire Goat Start To Finish
- Prepare For The Slaughter With A Powerful Ceremony
- Participate In Every Step Of The Processing
- Grind Meat For Burger & Sausage
- Enjoy Meals Prepared From Fresh Game
- Go Home With Packaged Meat
- Transform And Enter A New Way Life
What We Provide:
- Education and immersion into all aspects of animal processing to equip you with the skills you need to do it on your own.
- Epic location with sweeping views and bordering national forest.
- All gear necessary for processing such as knives, saws, grinder, vacuum sealer, sharpeners, etc.
- Meals prepared from the freshest meat in the world.
- Packaged meat from your harvest to take home.
Date: Saturday December 9th 2023
Location: Wild Meat Retreat Ranch - Cottonwood Arizona
We keep the class size very small to ensure everyone gets a chance to experience all parts of the process. You will actually perform the work, not just watch!
Minimum of 4 participants / Maximum of 9
Full Day Immersion: $360 per person
Learning to process animals is a significant investment in finances and time. With our help you will cut years off your learning curve. After our event you will walk away with the knowledge, experience and confidence that comes from completing every step of the process.
Investing in education is one of the most important steps in your journey to wild food and sustainability. That said consider carefully if the financial and time commitment is appropriate for you before applying.
Are You Ready? Reserve Your Spot Now!
If you're ready to dive in - click the button below to apply. It's quick, easy and requires only 3-5 minutes of your time.
This is powerful work and we need to make sure everyone at the event is committed and ready. If we feel you are a good fit we'll contact you asap with next steps to reserve your spot.
Start Your Journey - Apply Here
You Can Do This
If you have dreamed of a more sustainable lifestyle and eating the highest quality protein - now is your time! Don't wait another year to learn these skills. You don't have to do it alone. We will help you learn the most crucial skills necessary.
Not only will you "LEARN" these skills, you will "DO" them. You will process a goat with your own hands. You will participate in ceremony. You will enjoy meat and meals from your harvest with like minded people who share your vision.
After the event you feel confident and competent to start filling your freezer with the highest quality protein imaginable. We can't wait to see you there!
We're the King Family. Melissa, Chris and Jeremiah.
Hunting for us is a way of life that provides us with food, connection and meaning. Food is our medicine and we do everything we can to ensure we are putting the absolute best into our bodies. That value led us to hunting and it has enriched our lives in infinite ways.
We feel called to share this way of life with you and your family. Nothing provides a sense of wellbeing like knowing intimately where you food comes from. It is our goal to help empower you to become food sovereign and connect to nature in the deepest way.
Do you have questions? We would love to hear from you. Contact Us.